Sunday, October 18, 2009

Destination Wedding Cake-Jacksonville, Florida



Two weeks ago I visited one of my best friends in Jacksonville, Florida.  Emily and I met over three years ago while we were studying in Paris.  Emily is marrying Max on May 8, 2010 and they have asked me to make their wedding cake.  Very exciting!  I cannot wait to write about this experience.  It is going to be a wonderful challenge.  :-)



First things first: taste the cake!  Surprisingly enough, you can take cupcakes on airplanes!  Lucky for me!  I made Emily and Max a dozen cupcakes: kahlua fudge, sour cream chocolate, wedding white, lemon and raspberry swirl.  They were all decorated with either a sugar paste champagne glass, a wedding dress, heart or gift.  They were adorable!  I'd highly recommend them for a bridal shower or wedding.

The three of us had a lot of fun tasting the cake and deciding on their wedding cake flavors.  We settled on raspberry swirl with raspberry buttercream filling and sour cream chocolate with chocolate buttercream filling.

   
As for the design, the cake will be four tiers, frosted in buttercream and covered in white, sugar paste gardenias with petals placed sporadically around the tiers.  The bottom tier will be wrapped with a white sugar paste ribbon and bow.  I cannot wait!  It is such a privilege to make my best friend's wedding cake.  It is a privilege to be included in anyone's wedding, but it is even more special when it is someone you are so close with.  I've done several cakes these past two years for friends that I grew up with.  Who would have thought?  Life sure is surprising!  :-)


 
Casa Marina, the reception site.
Congratulations again, Emily and Max!  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment