Sunday, September 20, 2009

The beauty of fondant.

Fondant is wonderful.  It has a bad reputation, and it does not deserve it.  Without fondant, we would not have this beautiful cake.  Trust me, fondant is not scary.  It's not nasty, it actually tastes just like sugar.  I like to liken it to a marshmallow.  Give it a try sometime!  :-)  



This cake was made for a wedding this past weekend on September 19th.  It was a joy to make!  My favorite part was adding the touches of glitter to the edges of each ruffle.  Unfortunately, the glitter is a bit difficult to see in the photos, but trust me, it was there, and it was the perfect touch.  I can just imagine how stunning it must have looked with the right lighting!  

Each ruffle was cut by hand, pearl dusted and ruffled, then attached to the ivory fondant covered cake with a bit of water.  I brushed water across the tops of alternating ruffles and then rubbed a pinch of glitter across the top which really made the ruffles glisten.  



The navy bow and ribbon were dusted with a navy luster dust that took the matte navy color to a new level!  

The brooch was provided by the bride.

1 comment: