Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The American

When I met Leora I knew her wedding was going to be unique and a reflection of her and her future husband.  I love when brides and grooms incorporate things that are special to them rather than choose something generic.  Leora met her husband in high school and they were in orchestra together.  I could tell that music was very important to her and I was very happy when she asked to have music on her cake.  I did not know what Leora had planned, but I knew it would be a memorable cake.  Leora chose The American by Dvorak.  She brought us the music and we carefully piped it onto strips of fondant which we later attached the each tier of her wedding cake.  It was beyond stunning.  We knew that it would be a challenge, but once we got the first strip of fondant onto the cake, covered in music, it took our breath away and we could not wait to finish it!  For a pop of color we added sugar paste butterflies in shades of reds, blues, purples, yellows and oranges.  They were each hand-painted with luster dust and attached to the cake in a cascade pattern.
Fondant strips waiting for their music notes!
Carefully piping notes by coping the sheet music.
The American.
Voila!
Thank you Leora for giving us such a rewarding challenge.  It meant a lot to me to make a cake that I knew was so special and important to you.  I believe that each cake should truly reflect the personality of the couple and you certainly surpassed that!  It was a pleasure working with you and your mother.  Congratulations!

Copyright © 2010 Kelly Kobus owner of A Piece O' Cake.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly! So BEAUTIFUL!!! This is my most favorite cake you've done. Loving your new logo, too! :)

    ReplyDelete