Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Family Photos with Telltale Photography

I’ve been super lucky to have met some incredibly gifted people thanks to my business. When I started this adventure nearly four years ago I had no idea I would meet people that would become my closest friends. I met Melissa Keeley of Telltale Photography at a bridal show during my second year. Over the years we’ve become closer and closer and I am blessed to call her my friend. Not only is Melissa a super cool gal, but she is also an amazing photographer. And as a lover of dogs, too, she was not shocked when I asked her for this special request.
My family has four crazy dogs. Growing up we always had two dogs, and two was plenty. Until one day my sister, Chelsea, stumbled upon a Wire Fox Terrier at the Capital Area Humane Society, where she worked as a volunteer. As a family dedicated to Fox Terriers, she knew he had to come home to live with us. That was seven years ago. Riley came into our lives and it’s never been the same since. Seriously. Never. 
As a rescued dog, we’ve never known Riley’s true age. Ask my Dad and he’ll tell you Riley is one; just a pup! By the way, Riley is Dad’s pride and joy.
Riley has been battling a disease that paralyzes his spine, starting at his tail and working its way forward until he can no longer walk. He struggles to walk and unfortunately one day we’ll suddenly need to say goodbye to our best friend. Before that happens, we asked Melissa to capture the unique relationship between Dad and Riley.
She shot a few photos of the other crazy doggies, Oliver, Penny and Charlie. Oliver is my sweet boy!
Thank you Melissa. These photos are so special and they will always be treasured. You’ve made my Dad so happy.
If you or someone you know is interested in rescuing a Fox Terrier, please contact Wire Fox Terrier Rescue Great Lakes.  It is a wonderful organization.  Both Riley and Penny were rescued from there and we think very highly of Lynda, who dedicates her life to saving innocent animals. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment