Tuesday, March 23, 2010

50th Birthday Party Tailgate at the Spartan Club

Happy 50th Birthday Scott!  Scott is my brother's godfather and good friend of our family.  His wife, Lynne, is my godmother and my Mom's closest high school friend.  As I've said a million times before, I love making cakes for people we are close with.  Scott is the ultimate Spartan, so deciding to have the party at the Spartan Club was easy for Lynne.  Oh yes, the party was a surprise!  I wanted to make something unique for this party.  The typical stadium cake didn't seem to fit the bill.  It was my Dad's idea to make tailgate food.  Great idea, Dad!
"Potato Chips" waiting to be dusted with yellow and brown luster dust.
Making pasta for the pasta salad.
Black and green olives.
The finished display.
Hamburger cake with olives and pickles in the background.
Pasta salad.
Bowl of potato chips.
Sub and pasta salad.
Green and white birthday cake.
View of the field from the Spartan Club.
Beautiful decorations by Petal & Forrest.
Sparty!
GO STATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment